"tessa is a whore"
"she loves will/jem more"
"will wouldn’t want this"
City of Ashes looks great
Anonymous asked: Hiiii could you possibly maybe do a signature for Jace Herondale? :)
"Shut up Alec I’m still getting used to it"
This could be fun (or extremely depressing)1: Name
3: 3 Fears
4: 3 things I love
5: 4 turns on
6: 4 turns off
7: My best friend
8: Sexual orientation
9: My best first date
10: How tall am I
11: What do I miss
12: What time were I born
13: Favourite color
14: Do I have a crush
15: Favourite quote
16: Favourite place
17: Favourite food
18: Do I use sarcasm
19: What am I listening to right now
20: First thing I notice in new person
21: Shoe size
22: Eye color
23: Hair color
24: Favourite style of clothing
25: Ever done a prank call?
27: Meaning behind my URL
28: Favourite movie
29: Favourite song
30: Favourite band
31: How I feel right now
32: Someone I love
33: My current relationship status
34: My relationship with my parents
35: Favourite holiday
36: Tattoos and piercing i have
37: Tattoos and piercing i want
38: The reason I joined Tumblr
39: Do I and my last ex hate each other?
40: Do I ever get “good morning” or “good night ” texts?
41: Have I ever kissed the last person you texted?
42: When did I last hold hands?
43: How long does it take me to get ready in the morning?
44: Have You shaved your legs in the past three days?
45: Where am I right now?
46: If I were drunk & can’t stand, who’s taking care of me?
47: Do I like my music loud or at a reasonable level?
48: Do I live with my Mom and Dad?
49: Am I excited for anything?
50: Do I have someone of the opposite sex I can tell everything to?
51: How often do I wear a fake smile?
52: When was the last time I hugged someone?
53: What if the last person I kissed was kissing someone else right in front of me?
54: Is there anyone I trust even though I should not?
55: What is something I disliked about today?
56: If I could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
57: What do I think about most?
58: What’s my strangest talent?
59: Do I have any strange phobias?
60: Do I prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
61: What was the last lie I told?
62: Do I perfer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
63: Do I believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
64: Do I believe in magic?
65: Do I believe in luck?
66: What's the weather like right now?
67: What was the last book I've read?
68: Do I like the smell of gasoline?
69: Do I have any nicknames?
70: What was the worst injury I've ever had?
71: Do I spend money or save it?
72: Can I touch my nose with a tounge?
73: Is there anything pink in 10 feets from me?
74: Favourite animal?
75: What was I doing last night at 12 AM?
76: What do I think is Satan’s last name is?
77: What’s a song that always makes me happy when I hear it?
78: How can you win my heart?
79: What would I want to be written on my tombstone?
80: What is my favorite word?
81: My top 5 blogs on tumblr
82: If the whole world were listening to me right now, what would I say?
83: Do I have any relatives in jail?
84: I accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow me with the super-power of my choice! What is that power?
85: What would be a question I’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
86: What is my current desktop picture?
87: Had sex?
88: Bought condoms?
89: Gotten pregnant?
90: Failed a class?
91: Kissed a boy?
92: Kissed a girl?
93: Have I ever kissed somebody in the rain?
94: Had job?
95: Left the house without my wallet?
96: Bullied someone on the internet?
97: Had sex in public?
98: Played on a sports team?
99: Smoked weed?
100: Did drugs?
101: Smoked cigarettes?
102: Drank alcohol?
103: Am I a vegetarian/vegan?
104: Been overweight?
105: Been underweight?
106: Been to a wedding?
107: Been on the computer for 5 hours straight?
108: Watched TV for 5 hours straight?
109: Been outside my home country?
110: Gotten my heart broken?
111: Been to a professional sports game?
112: Broken a bone?
113: Cut myself?
114: Been to prom?
115: Been in airplane?
116: Fly by helicopter?
117: What concerts have I been to?
118: Had a crush on someone of the same sex?
119: Learned another language?
120: Wore make up?
121: Lost my virginity before I was 18?
122: Had oral sex?
123: Dyed my hair?
124: Voted in a presidential election?
125: Rode in an ambulance?
126: Had a surgery?
127: Met someone famous?
128: Stalked someone on a social network?
129: Peed outside?
130: Been fishing?
131: Helped with charity?
132: Been rejected by a crush?
133: Broken a mirror?
134: What do I want for birthday?
135: How many kids do I want and what will be their names?
136: Was I named after anyone?
137: Do I like my handwriting?
138: What was my favourite toy as a child?
139: Favourite Tv Show?
140: Where do I want to live when older?
141: Play any musical instrument?
142: One of my scars, how did I get it?
143: Favourite pizza toping?
144: Am I afraid of the dark?
145: Am I afraid of heights?
146: Have I ever got caught sneaking out or doing anything bad?
147: Have I ever tried my hardest and then gotten disappointed in the end?
148: What I'm really bad at
149: What my greatest achievments are
150: The meanest thing somebody has ever said to me
151: What I'd do if I won in a lottery
152: What do I like about myself
153: My closest Tumblr friend
154: Something I fantasise about
155: Any question you'd like?
Or worse, her.
|►Click through to listen to audio|
|Track Name: The Infernal Devices Theme Song|
Anonymous asked: Honestly I was hoping she was crying because she'll never get to have sex with both Will and Jem at the same time...
this is why i usually leave anons off
you know if i was a young boy and my father took me into the city to see a marching band i would actually be pretty pissed if he said son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned like dad im trying to enjoy this parade can we talk about this later jesus christ
nobody says “slay” anymore
but in July, after the colossal fail of booktube-a-thon and me being so busy that I couldn’t read, I felt so disappointed in myself because I’d read nothing all month. But thankfully in August, I did a lot better.
I’m planning on making individual posts about each book so be on the lookout for them.
- Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List: such a good book. I’d give it 9/10. It was really cute and fluffy at some points, really heart breaking at other points, and half the time I wanted to strangle Naomi. I still really enjoyed this though
- Lover Avenged: I still hate the titles/covers of these books. They make it sounds so cheesy and terrible. This book is my least favorite of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. It was slow and I didn’t like the new characters. It felt out of place and very removed from what was going on with the Brotherhood. I’d give it a 4.5/10
- Burn For Burn: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS (nobody says yas anymore either). This book. Holy damn this was good. I can’t even explain it. Just read it.
- The Murder Complex: It took me forever to get around to reading this and I don’t know why. I like survival stories. I like gore and violence but I just kept putting it off and I’m so mad that I did because it was awesome. 10/10. Just amazing.
- Silver Shadows: I video reviewed this one if you want to know more of what I thought about it Basically I liked and disliked it but it was much better than The Fiery Heart. I’d give it a 7/10.
- Sketchy: art and murder!! This was a nice surprise. It’s a little known book that I just stumbled across online and I got it and read it and was so happy with the outcome. It’s about a girl who gets out of rehab and suddenly can read people’s minds and draw what they’re thinking and she uses this power to solve crime. The characters were interesting, the plot was intriguing, the pacing was good, I laughed a lot and I really like this book. I can’t wait to read the next one.
- Addicted To You: I’ve been dipping my toes into the New Adult genre which is a fairly new genre. It’s aimed at people from ages 17 to about 22. It’s a gap between YA and Adult lit (but I’m not leaving YA. That will never happen.) Anyway, Addicted is the first of a series and it’s equally beautiful and tragic. I enjoyed seeing the characters struggle and their path to redemption and all that. I like that unlike some films and books about addiction, this neither glorifies nor sugarcoats addiction. Also, it was interesting to read about a female sex addict because media mainly focuses on male sex addiction. I give this one 10/10.
- Lover Mine: It was better than Lover Avenged but something still felt off about it. My biggest problem is that we’re over halfway through the series and there’s still no over-arching plot or conflict. It’s getting too rinse and repeat. Two characters have flirty banter for two days and suddenly they’re in love, married, and living happily ever after while the other characters fight the slayers once or twice. You’ve built this vast society of vampires, sympaths, and slayers and you’re not doing anything with them. Despite this, I did still like the book. I’ll give it 7/10
- Addicted For Now: oh man. this book killed me. I liked getting to know the side characters more, the mystery of who knows about Lily’s addiction, the focus on how recovery is a hard road and once again, nothing is sugar coated. I liked seeing the characters struggle realistically, I liked seeing them go through more than just their addictions, I just really liked this book. And I want the third one NOW. 10/10
Nine books is much better than I thought I’d get done!
I’m tired of typing.
Last week, it was our Summer Fling picks for adult fiction. Today, our Young Adult Fiction Summer Fling with a Book Hive Booklist! (We know: It needs a better title. =) )
And as you can see, it took just a teensy bit longer because our readers overwhelmingly preferred YA - here’s everything we recommended for romance, science fiction, fantasy, and mystery/thriller, plus a few bonus beach reads to boot. Thank you to everyone who submitted a personality quiz - we had a fantastic summer with our summer fling readers!
And in case you missed it, we got you covered for fall books, too!